CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The No. 17 Harvard women's water polo team will play host to the Harvard Invite this weekend, March 7-8. Joining the Crimson at Blodgett Pool, will be 11 teams that will play in a total of 18 matches over two days.
Teams participating in the invite are No. 19 Wagner, No. 22 Bucknell, No. 24 Marist, No. 25 Cal State East Bay, Brown, Connecticut College, Iona, Salem and Siena. Harvard will play in two matches on Saturday, an early morning content against LIU at 8 a.m. and its Senior Day contest against Marist at 1 p.m. On Sunday, the Crimson will face Cal State East Bay at 10:30 a.m. All Harvard Invite matches will be broadcast on ESPN+.
What to Know
- This marks the first matchup between the Crimson and the LIU Sharks.
- Against Cal State East Bay, Harvard leads the all-time series, 3-1.
- The Crimson has won the past seven matchups against the Marist Red Foxes and leads the all-time series, 9-6.
- Harvard's leading goal scorer is senior captain Sofia Carrera-Justiz, who has totaled 20 goals so far this season.
- Sophomore goalie Zoe Banks has amassed 59 saves to lead Harvard on defense.
At the Helm
The Friends of Harvard Water Polo Head Coach, Ted Minnis, enters his 10th season with the Crimson, guiding the women's program to a 21-8 record last season. Minnis has accumulated 164 victories with the team.
The Crimson will head to California for a string of road matches, March 14-17. At the Aztec Invite, hosted by San Diego State, Harvard will face CSUN, No. 10 UC San Diego, No. 4 Hawai'i, and No. 15 Long Beach State. The Crimson will then wrap up its time in the Golden State with contests against Whittier and Pomona-Pitzer at Pomona-Pitzer on March 17.