CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The No. 15 Harvard women's water polo team will head to Lewisburg, Pa. for the Bucknell Invite, Feb. 8-9, hosted by Bucknell University. The Crimson will first face LIU and No. 20 Wagner on Saturday at 11:30 a.m. and 5:45 p.m., respectively. On Sunday, Harvard is set to take on St. Francis (N.Y.) at 9:15 a.m. and Saint Francis (Pa.) at 2:15 p.m.
How to Follow
What to Know
- This will be the first ever meeting between the Crimson and LIU and St. Francis (N.Y.)
- Last weekend at the Bruno Classic, Harvard defeated then No. 20 Wagner, 11-10.
- The Crimson holds a perfect 7-0 series lead over Saint Francis (Pa.).
- Sophomore Borden Wahl leads the Crimson in goals with nine, while junior Quinne Pursell has tallied nine assists in four matches.
- In goal, sophomore Zoe Banks has totaled 27 saves so far this season, including a career-high 13 save performance against Wagner on Feb. 1.
At the Helm
The Friends of Harvard Water Polo Head Coach, Ted Minnis, enters his 10th season with the Crimson, guiding the women's program to a 21-8 record last season. Minnis has accumulated 164 victories with the team.
The Crimson will head to Princeton, N.J. for the Princeton Invite on Feb.15-16. There, Harvard will face No. 21 San Diego State, St. Francis (N.Y.) and No. 20 Wagner.