CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Harvard women's tennis picked up where it left off a few weeks ago, winning its third straight match with a 7-0 win over Rhode Island. The Crimson (7-2, 0-0 Ivy) won all nine matches played to record its second consecutive shutout win and fourth sweep of the season.
In doubles action, Rachel Lim and Kayla Leschly paired up to defeat their opposition on court two, 6-2. Anna Li and Irene Lu added a 6-2 victory of their own on court one to clinch the doubles point and give Harvard a 1-0 lead. Rachel Eason and Annika Bassey took care of business on court three, winning the match, 6-4.
Eason carried over her strong play to the singles court, where she picked up the second Crimson point with a 6-3, 6-0 win at the first pairing.
- Harvard's win over URI was its seventh straight over an Atlantic-10 opponent.
- Traci Green, The Sheila Kelly Palandjian Head Coach for Harvard Women's Tennis, is now just three victories away from her 150th as the leader of the Crimson.
- The Crimson is now 36-9 in singles matches and 19-4 in doubles during dual-match play.
- With two wins on the afternoon, Rachel Lim now has a team best 25 on the season.
- Rachel Eason improved her team-best singles record to 7-1 during the spring season.
- Harvard extended its winning streak against the Rams to seven matches.
- The Crimson has now matched the best start the team has had under Coach Green, joining the 2013-14 team with a 7-2 mark.
Harvard returns to action next weekend when its hosts the Hofstra Pride on Friday afternoon at the Mt. Auburn Club in Watertown, Mass.
Harvard 7-0 URI
- Rachel Eason def. Erin Chratian - 6-3, 6-0
- Sophia Ho def. Nadia Rajan - 6-1, 6-0
- Irene Lu def. Tiara Higuchi - 4-6, 6-1, 10-5
- Rachel Lim def. Sydney Chratian - 6-1, 6-3
- Lexi Milunovich def. Halah Davis - 6-2, 6-2
- Chelsea Williams def. Paulina Loredo - 6-1, 6-1