NEW YORK – Harvard women's tennis (4-2, 0-0 Ivy) fell short in the semifinal round of the ECAC Tournament against Columbia on Saturday, by a score of 4-1. The loss was only the second of the season for the Crimson, which will play tomorrow in the third-place match against the winner of Yale vs. Penn. The match will be played at the Dick Savitt Tennis Center at 2 p.m.
Mihaela Marculescu earned the lone point for Harvard, with a 6-3, 6-3 win on the fourth singles court. The win was her team-high 13th on the season. Jenna Friedel led in her match against ITA No. 119 Akanksha Bhan, 6-4, 4-2, but was unable to close it out in time.
Columbia - 4, Harvard -1
- Jenna Friedel led No. 119 Akanksha Bhan, 6-4, 4-2 unfinished*
- Melissa Sakar def. Sophia Ho, 7-5, 6-0
- Jennifer Kerr def. Rachel Eason, 6-1, 6-3
- Mihaela Marculescu def. Michelle Xu, 6-3, 6-3
- Shivani Amineni led Lexi Milunovich, 6-0, 3-6, 3-2 unfinished*
- Julia Haynes def. Natasha Gonzalez, 6-3, 6-3
Order of Finish: 3-6-4-2
- Bhan/Paulina Ferrari def. Jenna Friedel/Rachel Eason, 6-4
- Sakar/Haynes vs. Natasha Gonzalez/Rachel Lim, 5-5
- KerrAmineni def. Mihaela Marculescu Kayla Leschly, 6-4
Order of Finish: 3-1