CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Harvard women's swimming and diving (4-1, 4-0 Ivy) remained perfect in Ivy League action with a 184.5-110.5 win over Brown (3-3, 2-3 Ivy) on Wednesday afternoon.
The Crimson set the tone of the meet early in the 200-yard medley relay. Harvard's B relay squad of Felicia Pasadyn, Jaycee Yegher, Miki Dalhke, and Kate Hazlett edged out the A relay team (Mei Lynn Colby, Kennidy Quist, Addie Rose Bullock, Darlene Fung) by .18 seconds touching the wall with a time of 1:42.30.
Individually and competing in her first meet of the 2019-20 season, junior Jaycee Yegher posted a pair of first place finishes in the 100-yard (1:02.91) and 200-yard (2:13.48) breaststrokes. Yegher's 200-yard time moved her into third place amongst the program's all-time leaders.
In the diving portion of the meet, the Crimson had some solid performances. Sophomore Morgane Herculano and junior Georgina Milne finished back-to-back in 1-meter dive, turning in scores of 280.73 and 265.43, respectively. On the 3-meter board, the top four spots belonged to the Crimson, with sophomore Esther Lawrence leading the way, tallying a score of 332.25.
- Junior Kennidy Quist squeaked out first place in the 200-yard free .27 seconds ahead of teammate Samantha Shelton, clocking in with a time of 1:49.21.
- Quist claimed first in the 50-yard freestyle, touching the wall with a time of 23.65.
- First-year Felicia Pasadyn swam way from the field in the 200-yard backstroke with a time of 1:57.66 – five seconds ahead of the next closest swimmer.
- Harvard's 400-yard freestyle relay A-squad (Kate Hazlett, Kennidy Quist, Samantha Shelton, Felicia Pasadyn) posted a time of 3:25.62 to conclude the match.
- Harvard improves to 34-9 all-time against Brown.
Harvard returns to the pool on Saturday, Jan. 18, traveling to Philadelphia, Pa. for an Ivy League dual meet against the Penn. Start time is slated for noon.