NEW HAVEN, Conn. – Harvard picked up right where it left off at the end of the regular season this afternoon, downing eighth-seeded Columbia, 9-0, in the first round of the CSA Team National Championships. The top-seeded Crimson did not skip a beat, rolling to 3-0 wins at the top five positions on the ladder.
Team captain Gina Kennedy put the first point on the board for the Crimson, outscoring her opponent, 33-9, at the first position. Maddie Chai and Hannah Craig followed suit with 3-1 wins to put Harvard up 3-0.
Kennedy's co-captain, Amelia Henley, gave the Crimson a commanding 4-0 lead with her dominant win at the second pairing. Henley's 33-8 win was tied for the widest margin of victory on the day.
Senior Eleonore Evans clinched the win for Harvard at the fifth pairing with a 3-0 win. The shutout gave Evans her 15th victory of the season.
- Senior co-captain Amelia Henley earned her 50th win as a member of the Crimson.
- Eleonore Evans and Hannah Craig both kept their perfect seasons intact, picking up their 15th wins of the season.
- Harvard shutout its opponent for the eighth time this season.
- The Crimson remains unbeaten at the top three positions on the ladder this season, posting a 45-0 record through 15 matches.
Harvard will play the winner of No. 4 Trinity and No. 5 Penn in the semifinal round tomorrow. The match is set to begin at 3:30 p.m., and will be live streamed on YouTube. Follow @HarvardSquash on Twitter for updates and streaming information.
No. 1 Harvard – 9
No. 8 Columbia – 0
- Gina Kennedy def. Habiba Mohamed, 3-0 (11-5, 11-2, 11-2)
- Amelia Henley def. Nicole Kendall, 3-0 (11-1, 11-2, 11-5)
- Hana Moataz def.Erica McGillicuddy, 3-0 (11-7, 11-7, 11-1)
- Amina Yousry def. Jui Kalgutkar, 3-0 (11-2, 11-3, 11-3)
- Eleonore Evans def. Cynthia Cao, 3-0 (11-5, 11-5, 11-7)
- Maddie Chai def. Bunny Fox, 3-1 (11-8, 9-11, 11-7, 11-5)
- Hannah Craig def. Jane Pincus, 3-1(11-8, 11-13, 11-7, 11-3)
- Charlotte Orcutt def. Doria Chen, 3-0 (11-3, 11-7, 11-1)
- Grace Steelman def. Elizabeth Lentz, 3-0 (11-6, 11-8, 12-10)