CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Harvard women's squash (7-0, 4-0 Ivy) kept its perfect record intact with a 9-0 win over the sixth-ranked Drexel Dragons. The Crimson outscored the Dragons, 27-1, over the course of the match, clinching the win in just over an hour. This is the second 9-0 win of the season for the nation's top-ranked squad.
The Crimson started fast out of the gates, picking up three wins at the eighth, third and sixth pairings courtesy of Evie Coxon, Hana Moataz and Maddie Chai. After Hannah Craig won her match at the seventh position, Eleonore Evans closed the door on the Dragons and clinched the Harvard victory.
- Sophomore Amina Yousry outscored her opponent 33-7 on her way to a 3-0 victory at the fourth position.
- First-year Charlotte Orcutt also put up a 33-7 score at the ninth position.
- Eleonore Evans clinched the match for Harvard for the fourth straight match.
Harvard returns to action next weekend for a jam-packed weekend of squash. First, the Crimson hosts Virginia on Friday, Jan. 31, at 5 pm. Harvard will be back at the courts on Saturday for two matches with Williams and Middlebury at 3 p.m. and 5 p.m., respectively. All matches will be broadcast live on ESPN3.
Harvard – 9, Drexel – 0
- Gina Kennedy def. Karina Tyma, 3-0 (11-3, 11-3, 11-0)
- Amelia Henley def. Alina Bushma, 3-0 (11-6, 11-4,11-9)
- Hana Moataz def. Anna Hughes, 3-1 (10-12, 11-5, 11-2, 11-5)
- Amina Yousry def. Ciara Richards, 3-0 (11-3. 11-2, 11-2)
- Eleonore Evans def. Brooke Herring, 3-0 (11-5,11-7, 11-2)
- Maddie Chai def. Ona Prokes, 3-0 (11-5, 11-7, 11-7)
- Hannah Craig def. Stephanie Ryan, 3-0 (11-2, 11-5, 11-8)
- Evie Coxon def. Katerina Cummings, 3-0 (11-3, 11-2, 11-6)
- Charlotte Orcutt def. Emma MacGillivray, 3-0 (11-2, 11-5, 11-0)
ORDER OF FINISH: 8-3-6-7-5*-2-9-4-1