CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Harvard wrestling enters its final match dual before the EIWA Championships on the road against Brown on Saturday, February 22 in Providence, R.I. The match will be streamed on ESPN+ at 1 p.m.
What to Know
• Harvard is 3-9 overall in duals with a 3-6 EIWA record and a 1-4 mark against Ivy opponents.
• Last weekend in New York, Conigliaro registered a perfect 3-0 mark which included a pair of technical fall wins against Hofstra and LIU to tie him with senior Hunter Ladnier in the category with two.
• In addition, Conigliaro and Ladnier also lead the Crimson with four major decisions on the season. Conigliaro's 12-4 major decision over Columbia's Riley Jacops propelled him to four on the year.
• Slavikouski, who is riding an 11-match dual win-streak, earned his first pin of the season against LIU on Sunday, recording a fall against Maguire Horl to close out the 33-14 win. He is one of three Harvard wrestlers who has recorded a fall victory in the dual season – the other two are Beau Bayless (125) and Lukus Stricker (141).
• Additionally, the Belarus native also leads the Crimson with 37 dual points, three greater than Ladnier, who is second with 34. Conigliaro is third with 30 points.
• Harvard leads the all-time series over Brown, 57-32-2, and has won five of the last seven meetings.
At The Helm
Jay Weiss, The David G. Bunning '88 Head Coach for Harvard Wrestling, is in his 26th season at the helm of the program. The two-time EIWA Coach of the Year has a long history of coaching excellence on the mat and in classroom. Weiss has coached a pair of national champions, 17 EIWA champions and 19 All-Americans, while guiding his squad to the nation's top GPA in five of the last seven years.
Harvard prepares for the EIWA Championships hosted by Lehigh University on March 6-7 in Bethlehem, Pa.