CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Senior goaltender Beth Larcom earned her fifth career shutout as the Harvard women's hockey team (16-12-1, 15-6-1 ECAC Hockey) blanked St. Lawrence (13-14-7, 8-10-4 ECAC Hockey) 3-0 on Senior Day. In addition to Larcom's 25 save performance, Emily Yue made her debut in net, Ali Peper registered Harvard's second goal of the afternoon and Kat Hughes led both rosters with three blocked shots.
Harvard opened scoring at 11:55 of the first period, on the power-play, off the stick of Kristin Della Rovere. Keely Moy initiated the play, feeding the puck to Dominique Petrie on the d-zone boards. Petrie carried the puck up the ice, passing it to Della Rovere across the circles where she found the back of the net on her own rebound. After a scoreless second, Ali Peper made it 2-0 when she rifled a shot from the point at 13:00 of the final frame. Brooke Jovanovich added an insurance goal at 18:28 on St. Lawrence's empty net.
- Senior Beth Larcom earned her fifth career shutout.
- Senior Emily Yue made her debut between the pipes.
- Senior co-captain Ali Peper scored the second goal of the afternoon, her first tally this season and fourth of her career.
- Senior co-captain Kat Hughes enters the final stretch of her career ranked top-40 all-time in career points, goals and assists in a Crimson jersey.
- Harvard outshot St. Lawrence 36-25.
- Dominique Petrie won 17 of 24 draws at the faceoff dot.
- Harvard went 1-3 on the power-play.
Harvard is set to host the ECAC Hockey Quarterfinals next weekend at the Bright-Landry Hockey Center. The Crimson will take on Ivy League rival Yale in a best of three series Feb. 28-March 1. Game times are set for 3:30 p.m. on Friday, 3 p.m. on Saturday and if necessary, 2 p.m. on Sunday.