CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Junior goaltender Becky Dutton earned her second shutout in as many starts as No. 10/10 Harvard women's hockey (12-8-1, 11-4-1 ECAC Hockey) downed Dartmouth (5-14-3, 2-11-3 ECAC Hockey) 4-0 on Friday night at the Bright-Landry Hockey Center. Anne Bloomer cashed in twice while Becca Gilmore netted a short-handed goal and Maryna Macdonald lit the lamp on a rocket from the point.
Becky Dutton made 33 saves in her third appearance this season, second start. Kristin Della Rovere led the scoresheet with eight shots on target and Gilmore added three blocks to the defensive effort.
Just 6:46 into the opening frame, Bloomer caught the puck from Della Rovere in the slot and wristed the puck far side for the score. The goal was Bloomer's second game-winner of the season. At 8:26 of the second period, Macdonald ripped a slap shot from the point, beating Humphreys' glove. Gilmore netted Harvard's fourth short-handed tally of the season when she took Becky Dutton's rebound in the slot and roofed it over Humphreys' shoulder at 18:48. Bloomer would record her second of the game and seal the 4-0 win off a Della Rovere faceoff.
- Anne Bloomer potted two goals for the third time this season.
- In addition to 33 saves, Becky Dutton registered her first career assist on Becca Gilmore's short-handed goal.
- Eight different players marked the scoresheet.
- Harvard is now 7-1-1 in Ivy League play.
- The Crimson is 3-0-0 this season when wearing the alternate black jerseys.
- Harvard has now swept the season series with three ECAC Hockey and Ivy League opponents. (Brown, Dartmouth, Yale)
The Crimson returns to the ice on Tuesday, Feb. 4 at 5 p.m. to take on No. 3/3 Northeastern in the opening round of the 2020 Beanpot Tournament. The tournament is being hosted by Boston University at Walter Brown Arena.