CAMBRIDGE, Mass.- Harvard softball continues its road stretch down south at Gardner Webb University from Friday, Feb. 28 to Sunday, March 1.
The Crimson begins the weekend on Friday at noon against Furman University. Harvard faced Furman once in 1998 and defeated the Paladins 8-2. In its second game of the day, Harvard meets host team Gardner Webb at 4 p.m. This meeting will mark the first matchup all-time against the two programs.
On day two on the diamond the Crimson will play a doubleheader against N.C. Central at 10 a.m. and Gardner Webb at 2 p.m. Harvard's game against N.C. Central will be the two's first meeting in program history.
On the final day of the tournament, Harvard competes against N.C. Central for the second time in the three-day span. This game will be played at 10:00 a.m.
What to Know
- Last weekend in Florida, Harvard went 1-4 defeating UMass Lowell on day one, 2-1.
- First-year Allison Heffley batted .500 across five games with three RBIs and won Ivy League Rookie of the Week.
- First-year Lindsay G. Poulos and sophomore Brianna Jewett carried the bulk of the pitching load in week one each throwing a little over 11 innings.
- The Crimson has never faced N.C. Central or Gardner Webb in program history.
- Harvard posts a .231 team batting average with one homerun through five games this season.
At the Helm
The 2019 Ragatz Family Harvard Women's Coach of Excellence Jenny Allard enters her 26th season at the helm of the Crimson. She enters the season with a 635-473-3 overall record, including a 311-119-1 Ivy League mark. Under Allard, Harvard has won eight Ivy League titles, had six 30-win seasons, and made seven NCAA Championship appearances.
Harvard travels west to California to play in the Easton Invitational at Cal. State Fullerton from Friday, March 13-15.