CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Harvard men's volleyball team (8-3, 2-1 EIVA) will play back-to-back EIVA contests at home this weekend, Feb. 21-22. The Crimson will first take on Saint Francis (Pa.) (3-8, 0-2 EIVA) on Friday at 7 p.m., before seeing action against No. 9 Penn State (6-6, 2-0 EIVA) on Saturday at 4 p.m. Both matches will be broadcast on ESPN+.
What to Know
- Harvard split last weekend's matches with then-No. 13 George Mason, coming back from a five-set loss to top the Patriots, 3-1.
- Sophomore Ryan Hong, the reigning EIVA Defensive Player of the Week, totaled 15 kills, a .600 hitting percentage, 11 total blocks, and eight digs in the matchup with the Patriots.
- The Crimson received five votes in the AVCA DI-II Week #6 Poll, released on Feb. 17.
- Against Saint Francis (Pa.), Harvard leads the series, 12-8.
- Harvard ranks No. 3 in the NCAA in digs per set with 10.59.
- Among individual rankings senior Matthew Ctvrtlik is fifth in the NCAA in assists per set with 10.47, while fellow senior Chase Howard is fifth in the NCAA and first in the EIVA with 2.62 digs per set.
The Crimson will head to New Jersey for contests against NJIT on Feb. 28 at 6 p.m., and No. 11 Princeton on Feb. 29 at 4 p.m. Harvard's match against Princeton will be broadcast on ESPN+.