ITHACA, N.Y. – The Harvard men's tennis team (9-0) defeated Princeton (6-3), 4-2, in the ECAC Championship semifinals to remain undefeated on the season. The Crimson advances to its third-straight ECAC final, set to be played tomorrow at 3 p.m. Harvard will face the winner of the Cornell/Dartmouth match.
The Crimson made a strong comeback after dropping the doubles point, with sophomore Brian Shi defeating Ryan Seggerman, 6-3, 6-4, to tie the match up at one. Sophomore Harris Walker also defeated his opponent in straight sets, while first-year Henry von der Schulenburg earned a 6-2, 3-6, 7-5 victory over Justin Barki to give Harvard the 3-1 lead. In the first singles position, first-year Ronan Jachuck came back from a 1-0 set deficit to clinch the match with a 4-6, 7-6(5), 6-3 victory over Karl Poling.
- The Crimson is looking for its first ECAC Championship title since 2015.
- Harvard has not faced Cornell or Dartmouth in the ECAC Championships since the 2018 season, where the Crimson defeated Cornell to face Dartmouth in the finals.
- With today's victories, both von der Schulenburg and Walker now hold 8-0 records in dual match play.
The Crimson will face the winner of the Cornell/Dartmouth match in the ECAC Championship finals tomorrow, at 3 p.m.
1. No. 59 Ronan Jachuck def. Karl Poling, 4-6, 7-6(5), 6-3
2. Brian Shi def. Ryan Seggerman, 6-3, 6-4
3. Henry von der Schulenburg def. Justin Barki 6-2, 3-6, 7-5
4. Harris Walker def. Damian Rodriguez, 7-6(2), 6-2
5. Robert Wrzesinski vs. Will Peters, 6-7(4), 6-4, 3-2 DNF
6. Davey Roberts def. Steven Sun, 7-6(0), 7-5
Order of Finish: 2, 4, 3, 6, 1*
1. No. 8 Holden/Seggerman def. Jachuck/Shi, 6-1
2. Barki/Rodriguez vs. Sun/Walker, 5-4 DNF
3. Duo/Poling def. von der Schulenburg/Wrzesinski, 6-3
Order of Finish: 1, 3