CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Harvard men's tennis team (8-0) is set to head to Ithaca, New York for the ECAC Championships hosted by Cornell, Feb. 14-16. Competing in the tournament are Brown, Cornell, Penn, Princeton and Yale. The top-seeded Crimson will have a bye into the semifinals of the tournament, set to be played on Saturday, Feb. 15, at 9 a.m. Harvard will face the winner of Friday's Princeton/Penn match.
How to Follow
What to Know
- Harvard leads the series against all five teams competing at the championships (83-7 vs. Brown, 61-15 vs. Cornell, 81-13 vs. Penn, 57-46 vs. Princeton and 73-26 vs. Yale).
- The Crimson is one-win shy of its first 9-0 start since 1966.
- Last week, Harvard swept Memphis 4-0, and secured a 4-3 victory over Vanderbilt in thrilling fashion.
- Junior Constantin Zoske (1-0), sophomores Steven Sun (5-0) and Harris Walker (7-0), and first-years Henry von der Schulenburg (7-0) and Alan Yim (3-0) all remain undefeated in dual match play.
- The Crimson was ranked No. 25 in the Tennis Channel/USTA College Tennis Top 25 Poll, released on Feb. 12.
The Crimson will return home for matches against Northwestern and Boston University on Sunday, Feb. 23. Harvard will first play Northwestern at 11 a.m., before taking on Boston University at 6 p.m. Both matches will be broadcast on ESPN3.