CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Harvard men's tennis team will head to Nashville, Tenn. for matches against Memphis on Saturday, Feb. 8 at 3 p.m. EST and Vanderbilt on Sunday, Feb. 9 at 1:30 p.m. EST. The Crimson's match on Sunday against Vanderbilt will be broadcast on vucommadores.com.
What to Know
- Harvard leads the series against Vanderbilt 5-1, with victories in the past two matchups in 2019 and 2016.
- Harvard received votes in the ITA Division I Men's Team Rankings released on Feb. 5 for the second week in a row.
- First-year Ronan Jachuck was ranked No. 59 by the ITA.
- Jachuck and fellow first-year Henry von der Schulenburg remain undefeated in all six matches so far this season.
- Sophomore Steven Sun moved to 4-0 last weekend with a victory in the No. 5 singles spot over Rice, while fellow sophomore Harris Walker turned out a 5-0 record after defeating Rice and Bryant in the No. 4 position.
- First-year Alan Yim also remains undefeated in all three matches he has completed this season.
At the Helm
Andrew Rueb '95 is entering his second season as the Scott Mead '77 Head Coach for Harvard Men's Tennis. He was elevated to head coach after spending 11 years at Harvard as an assistant and associate head coach and has helped lead the Crimson to 210 total victories and seven NCAA Tournament appearances during his tenure.
The Crimson will compete in the ECAC Team Championships, Feb. 14-16, in New York, N.Y.