CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Harvard men's tennis team will begin its spring season with a doubleheader in West Point, N.Y on Jan. 18. The Crimson will first face Purdue at 10 a.m. before taking on Army at 2 p.m.
What to Know
- Harvard is coming off a successful fall season with seven players winning more than half of their fall matches.
- Sophomore Harris Walker and first-year Henry von der Schulenburg both won singles titles at the Ivy Plus Tournament on Sept. 20-22 and Chowder Fest on Nov. 8-10, respectively.
- Walker and first-year Ronan Jachuck concluded the fall season with a doubles title at Chowder Fest.
- Against Army, the Crimson holds a 51-3 lead on the series with its last victory coming in 2001.
- The series against Purdue is tied 3-3 with the last matchup occurring in 2011.
The Crimson will play its next two matches at home in the Murr Center Tennis Courts with contests against BYU on Friday, Jan. 24 at 12 p.m. and against Minnesota on Sunday, Jan. 26 at 12 p.m. Both matches will be broadcast on ESPN3.