CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Harvard men's swimming and diving (6-2, 5-0 Ivy) returns to the pool against Princeton (6-1, 4-0 Ivy) and Yale (6-1, 3-1 Ivy) on Friday and Saturday, Jan. 31 and Feb. 1 in Princeton, N.J.
How to Follow
Results: Meet Mobile App
What to Know
• With a 6-2 overall mark and 5-0 against Ivy foes, Harvard is seeking the Ivy League Dual Meet crown by capturing wins over Princeton and Yale this weekend.
• Three Crimson first-years, Noah Brune, Will Grant, and Cole Kuster were named to the USA Swimming's 2019 18 & Under World List last week. All three have already made an impact for Harvard in the pool this season.
• Brune posted a season-best time in the 500 free style at the Minnesota Invitational on Dec. 5, 2019 with a time of 4:26.80, surpassing Kuster's time of 4:28.53 which he registered against Duke and No. 7 Texas A &M.
• Grant holds the Crimson's best times of the year in the 100 and 200 backstrokes, registering NCAA B-cut times of 47.59 and 1:42.47, respectively, at Minnesota Invitational. Additionally, he notched another two B-cut times in the 200 IM (1:46.71) and the 400 IM (3:50.28).
• Senior Daniel Chang is coming off a trio of first place finishes in the 100- (56.22) and 200- (2:01.36) breaststrokes as well as the 200 IM (1:49.59).
• Announced this week, the Crimson posted the top GPA in the nation for the fall, 2019 semester. Its' 3.79 fall GPA was both an institution-best as well as a CSCAA-best, since data has been recorded, dating back to the 2010-11 academic year. The last nine fall semesters the Crimson produced top-5 GPAs among its Division I counterparts and earned the top GPA in the country in the spring of 2016 and 2017.
• Harvard faces Princeton for the 81st time in program history with the Crimson leading the all-time series, 42-38.
• It's the 86th meeting between Harvard and Yale with Harvard holding the edge, 46-39.
At The Helm
Kevin Tyrrell is in his seventh season as The Ulen-Brooks Endowed Coach for Harvard Men's Swimming & Diving, James Herscot '58 Coach of Excellence. Tyrrell helped the Crimson to an unblemished Ivy campaign and a third straight Ivy League championship in 2018-19. Harvard, meanwhile, is 42-1 all-time under Tyrrell vs. Ivy competition and 54-6 in dual meets under his direction.
Harvard prepares to defend its Ivy League crown hosting the Ivy Championships beginning on Feb. 26 at 6 p.m. All four days of the championship will be broadcast on ESPN+.