CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Harvard men's squash carried its regular season momentum into the Potter Cup playoffs, as it beat No. 8 Drexel, 9-0. The Crimson (15-0, 7-0 Ivy) keeps its national championship pursuit alive, as it heads into the semifinal round. The nation's top-ranked team will play the winner of No. 4 Princeton and No. 5 Rochester tomorrow afternoon.
Adam Corcoran picked up Harvard's first point of the Potter Cup with a swift 3-0 victory at the eighth position. Samuel Scherl followed his lead with a 3-0 victory of his own at the fourth spot. Victor Crouin's 3-1 victory at the top spot on the ladder gave the Crimson a 3-0 advantage heading into the second group.
After George Crowne added a 3-0 win at the seventh position, it was senior co-captain Timothy Brownell who sealed the win for Harvard. The lefty outscored his opponent 33-6 on his way to the shutout victory.
- Harvard extends its win streak to 31 matches and its home win streak to 17 matches.
- Samuel Scherl extended his team-best win streak to 30 matches. Saadeldin Abouaish is improves his streak to 26 wins in a row.
- Harvard improves its overall individual record to 131-4 on the 2019-20 season.
- This was the Crimson's 10th shutout win of the season.
- First-year Ayush Menon earned a 3-0 victory in his first Potter Cup action.
Harvard will compete in the semifinal round tomorrow afternoon against the winner of the Rochester and Princeton match.
Harvard – 9, Drexel – 0
- Victor Crouin def. Filip Krueger – 3-1 (10-12, 12-10, 11-6, 11-3)
- Marwan Tarek def. Dylan Kachur - 3-0 (11-3, 11-4, 11-6)
- Saadeldin Abouaish def. Matthew Lucente – 3-1 (11-7, 11-7, 13-15, 13-11)
- Samuel Scherl def. Noel Heaton, 3-0 (11-3, 11-2, 11-4)
- Sean Hughes def. Jose Andres Lopez, 3-0 (11-3, 11-5, 11-4)
- Timothy Brownell def. Gautam Nagpal, 3-0 (11-3, 11-3, 11-0)
- George Crowne def. Nicholas Fehn, 3-0 (11-6, 11-2, 11-6)
- Adam Corcoran def. Shaan Dalal, 3-0 (11-3, 11-4, 11-4)
- Ayush Menon def. Nicolo Abou Taleb, 3-0 (11-5, 11-4, 11-2)