MEDFORD, Mass. – In its final midweek matchup of the season, top-ranked Harvard men's squash rolled to an 8-1 victory over No. 24 Tufts Wednesday night at the brand-new Tufts Squash Center. The Crimson (13-0, 6-0 Ivy) improved its record to a perfect 16-0 against the Jumbos with the win. Harvard used seven shutout victories at the top seven positions on the ladder to power it to the win.
At the top of the order it was Victor Crouin and Marwan Tarek who once again took care of business, posting two shutout wins at the top two pairings. The sophomore duo outshot their opponents by a combined score of 66-22.
Senior co-captain Saadeldin Abouaish continued his pursuit of a perfect season, as he swept his opponent at the third pairing to move to 13-0 on the year. Fellow co-captain Timothy Brownell posted a dominant 3-0 victory after outscoring his foe, 33-12.
- Saadeldin Abouaish won his 13th match of the season and kept his hopes of a perfect season alive.
- Abouaish also extended his personal win streak to 24 matches.
- The Crimson has dominated at positions 1-6 on the ladder this season, posting a 77-1 record through 13 matches.
- Harvard has now won 10 consecutive road contests.
- The nation's top-ranked team is a combined 113-4 in individual matches in 2019-20.
- Harvard men's squash has now started 13-0 for the second consecutive season.
The Crimson now set its sights on an outright Ivy League championship, as it travels to Cornell for a contest with the Big Red on Saturday. A win would give Harvard - which already clinched a share of the Ivy crown – a perfect Ivy League record for the second-straight season. Match time in Ithaca, New York is set for 12 p.m.
Harvard – 8, Tufts – 1
- Victor Crouin def. Kunal Valia, 3-0 (11-7, 11-0, 11-2)
- Marwan Tarek def. Raghav Kumar, 3-0 (11-4, 11-3, 11-6)
- Saadeldin Abouaish def. Sanjeev Jeyabalan, 3-0 (11-4, 11-6, 11-9)
- Timothy Brownell def. Konrad LaDow, 3-0 (11-4, 11-4, 11-4)
- George Crowne def. K. Marco Rodriguez, 3-0 (11-6, 11-9, 11-8)
- Adam Corcoran def. Vivaan Jaikishan, 3-0 (11-2, 11-8, 11-5)
- Ayush Menon def. Dillon O'Shea, 3-0 (11-9, 11-2, 11-5)
- William Dewire def. John Finley Ong, 3-0 (11-8, 11-8, 12-10)
- Liam Waterous def. Salik Awan, 1-0 (6-6 RE)