CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – No. 1 Harvard men's squash earned its 25th consecutive win on Saturday afternoon after its 9-0 victory over the St. Lawrence Saints. The win gives the Crimson (9-0, 4-0 Ivy) its fourth-straight win over the Saints and a 6-4 advantage in the all-time series. The 9-0 win is also the sixth straight sweep for Harvard.
The Crimson started off fast with a few dominant wins and kept the pressure on the Saints throughout the match. Junior Julien Gosset got the action started for Harvard with a 3-0 win at the seventh pairing. Senior captain Timothy Brownell added a win shortly after to put the nation's top-ranked team up 2-0.
At the ninth pairing, Liam Rotzoll outscored his opponent 33-3 on his way to a 3-0 victory. Yet, that was not even the largest win of the day for the Crimson as junior Adam Corcoran came within one point of a perfect match.
- Adam Corcoran's 3-0 (11-0, 11-0, 11-1) victory was the largest margin of victory for a Crimson shooter this season.
- Samuel Scherl's victory at the second group was his team-high 23rd in a row.
- The first-year duo of Ayush Menon and Liam Rotzoll remain undefeated on the season, as they improved their combined record to 17-0.
- Harvard's combined individual record improved to 79-2 with the win.
The Crimson faces its toughest test to date, as it will battle No. 2 Trinity College on Wednesday night in Hartford, Connecticut. Match time is set for 5 p.m.
Harvard – 9, St. Lawrence – 0
- Saadeldin Abouaish def. Karim Ibrahim, 3-1 (11-8, 6-11, 11-3, 11-1)
- Samuel Scherl def. Enzo Corigliano, 3-0 (12-10, 11-2, 11-1)
- Sean Hughes def. Belal Nawar, 3-0 (11-8, 11-2, 11-7)
- Timothy Brownell def. Inwoo Lee, 3-0 (11-3, 11-9, 11-3)
- Adam Corcoran def. Aran Thawani, 3-0 (11-0, 11-0, 11-1)
- George Crowne def. James Barrow, 3-0 (11-2, 12-10, 11-2)
- Julien Gosset def. Aaron Levy, 3-0 (11-3, 11-2, 11-3)
- Ayush Menon def. Logan Thomas, 3-0 (11-4, 11-4, 11-2)
- Liam Rotzoll def. Tyler Schmalz, 3-0 (11-1, 11-0, 11-2)