NEW YORK – In its fourth-straight top-10 matchup, the first-ranked Harvard Crimson swept the 10th-ranked Columbia Lions on their home floor, 9-0. The Crimson (5-0, 4-0 Ivy) put together yet another masterful performance, coming just one point shy of a perfect match score of 27-0. With the win, Harvard solidified its lead at the top of the Ivy League and improved its combined individual record to 43-2.
The win with the widest margin went to first-year Ayush Menon, who defeated his Lion opponent by a combined score of 33-8. Senior captains Timothy Brownell and Sean Hughes also put together dominant wins of 33-10 and 33-11, respectively.
After missing last weekend's matchups, sophomore George Crowne returned to the lineup and gave the Crimson a win at the seventh pairing.
- Harvard is now 4-0 against teams ranked in the CSA's top-10.
- Junior Samuel Scherl moves to a prefect 5-0 on the year with his victory at the fourth position.
- First-years Ayush Menon and Liam Rotzoll both keep unbeaten marks and move to 5-0 on the season.
Harvard will return home this weekend to play host to a pair of top-10 opponents. No. 5 Drexel and No. 7 Rochester will come into Cambridge for matches on Jan. 25 and Jan. 26, respectively.
No. 1 Harvard – 9, No. 10 Columbia – 0
- Victor Crouin def. Callan Hall, 3-1 (11-6, 3-11, 4-11, 6-11)
- Marwan Tarek def. Robin Singh Mann, 3-0 (7-11, 6-11, 8-11)
- Saadeldin Abouaish def. Justin Ghaeli, 3-0 (5-11, 4-11, 6-11)
- Samuel Scherl def. Aditya Kankariya, 3-0 (8-11, 3-11, 4-11)
- Sean Hughes def. Hugh Camiener, 3-0 (4-11, 4-11, 3-11)
- Timmy Brownell def. Andrew Jung, 3-0 (3-11, 3-11, 4-11)
- George Crowne def. Vishan Patel, 3-0 (4-11, 9-11, 2-11)
- Ayush Menon def. Nico Hughes, 3-0 (1-11, 3-11, 4-11)
- Liam Rotzoll def. Zain Athar, 3-0 (2-11, 6-11, 6-11)