CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Harvard men's squash (3-0, 2-0 Ivy) continue to show why they are the nation's top-ranked team, as they rolled to an 8-1 win Saturday over the third-ranked Penn Quakers. Captains Timothy Brownell and Sean Hughes returned to the court for their first game action of 2019-20. The seniors both registered victories to help the Crimson remain unbeaten on the year.
Defending national champion, Victor Crouin swept his match at the one position, outscoring his Quaker opponent 33-13 in the victory. Marwan Tarek followed Crouin's lead, earning a 3-0 victory in the second pairing. Samuel Scherl and Saadeldin Abouaish also blanked their opponents 3-0, to help Harvard seal the victory.
- Harvard has now won 19 consecutive matches dating back to 2018-19.
- Victor Crouin picks up his first win as the No. 1 for Harvard.
- Harvard moves to 2-0 in Ivy League play to remain tied with Yale at the top of the standings.
- Senior Captains Timothy Brownell, Sean Hughes and Saadeldin Abouaish were all active for the first time this season, all picking up wins.
- The first-year duo of Liam Rotzoll and Ayush Menon improve to 6-0 on the season.
- Samuel Scherl continues to have a stellar season, picking up another 3-0 win at the third pairing.
The Crimson will return to action tomorrow afternoon, when it welcomes the Princeton Tigers to the Murr Center. Match time is set for noon and will be streamed live on ESPN3.
- Victor Crouin def. Andrew Douglas (Penn) – 3-0 (11-6, 11-4, 11-3)
- Marwan Tarek def. Aly Abou El Einen (Penn) – 3-0, (11-7, 11-6, 11-4)
- Samuel Scherl def. James Flynn (Penn) – 3-0 (11-8, 11-5, 11-8)
- Saadeldin Abouaish def. Dillon Huang (Penn) – 3-0 (11-7, 11-7, 11-3)
- Sean Hughes def. Yash Bhargava (Penn) – 3-0 (8-11, 11-9, 11-7, 13-11)
- Timothy Brownell def. David Yacobucci (Penn) – 3-0 (11-8, 11-7, 11-9)
- Saksham Choudhary (Penn) def. Julien Gosset – 3-0 (9-11, 8-11, 11-8, 9-11)
- Ayush Menon def. Wil Hagen (Penn) – 3-0 (11-7, 11-6, 10-12, 12-10)
- Liam Rotzoll def. Tushar Shahani (Penn) – 3-0 (11-3, 11-3, 12-10)