DeLAND, Fla. – Logan Bravo and Jake Suddleson each recorded a double in the Crimson's clash with Ohio State, but it was not enough to put Harvard in the win column, as the Buckeyes handed Harvard a 13-1 loss. The Crimson (0-5, 0-0 Ivy) was unable to rally back from an early deficit in its second game at the Stetson Invitational in DeLand, Florida.
The Buckeyes struck early in the contest, putting up two runs in the first inning. An additional five in the following frame put Harvard in a 7-0 hole.
Logan Bravo answered in the next inning, roping an RBI-double down the left-field line to score Matt Thomas from first-base. Ohio State answered with six runs in the next two innings which gave it a 13-1 advantage.
- Jake Suddleson returned to the lineup with a 1-for-3 performance. The senior hit his second double of the season in the sixth inning.
- Logan Bravo's RBI-double in the second inning gave the Crimson its lone run of the day.
- Matt Thomas, Zachary Brown and Chad Minato all added singles on the day.
- James Kirkpatrick threw two scoreless innings off the mound in relief of Owen Holt and JT Bernard.
- First-year Ian Buckner made his collegiate debut, pitching a scoreless ninth inning.
Harvard will round out its Florida trip with a matchup against Stetson University at 1 p.m. tomorrow afternoon. Enzo Stefanoni will get the start against the Hatters.